A Warhammer skirmish game, with samurai, ashigaur, sohei and ronin. Most of the fugures from Dixon’s, terrain by Sholto, Hovels and scratch-built. Organised by Stuart, Duncan and Paul D (before he moved to Glasgow).
Three-a-side. Samurai Williams is being carried to an interview, the sohei and ronin are trying to stop this happening.
The initial (peaceful) view of the table. The non-Hovels buildings are made by Andrew D.
Above: close-ups of figures.
Above: scenes from the day.
Below: Stuart persuades John to play Warhammer!
Below: close-up of some of Paul’s figures.
- AsianWar@yahoogroups.com – army lists can be found here
- WABlist@yahoogroups.com – duplicates of those above? I just save all I can find into a folder.
- The Old Sage over at http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/6183/
- Kabuki – their prints of scenes from Kabuki plays make a very handy painting guide
- Nobunaga’s Castle – wargaming resource
- Electric Samurai
- Japanse Armour
- Samurai Action Dolls – honest, you can use them for painting guides – they have the ‘Seven’
- An Online Japanese Miscellany
- Nakasendo Highway: A Journey to the Heart of Japan
- Samurai Archives
- List of online Japanese museums
- and by no means least, the work of Ando Hiroshige – not as famous as Hokusai, but this collection is great as scene-settings