Booksellers & Art Retailers
- Caliver Books – as well as books, they also sell figures, rules and paints.
- Casemate UK Publishing – by military enthusiasts for military enthusiasts. new
- Chelifer Books – secondhand, antiquarian and new military books.
- Helion – retailer of military books.
- Hersants Military Books – website link not working.
- Ken Trotman Military Books
- Leisure Games – rules, rpgs, etc.
- Lost Books – book dealer of antiquarian and used books, specialising in military and general history, exploration and travel.
- Monarch Military books and miniatures.new
- Osprey Publishing – military history books (essential reading for most wargamers)
- Philadelphia Print Shop – prints of McIan’s (romanticised) clans.
- Spirit Games – wargames and rpg rules.
Portals, directories and forums
- Gentlemens Wargames Parlour
- Lead Adventure Forum
- Mainly28s.com – review site for 28mm figures.
- Miniatures Atlas – mapping miniatures from around the world.
- The Miniatures Page – a web-magazine for miniature wargamers.
- RottenLead – news, forum and gallery site to support wargamers and roleplayers.
- Scottish Gaming Forum – forum for discussing and organising non-electronic social games in Scotland. new
- Tabletop Gaming News – online news, reviews and comments.
- Wargame Reviews – review of wargames products.
- Wargames World – online rules/figures store.
- WarWeb – American site.
- WD3 wargames community. new
- You and Who’s Army – a site from Amazon Minis, listing clubs, encyclopaedia of terms and free rules.
- UK Magazines
- Other magazines
- All About Miniatures – John and Dan’s monthly podcasts (also on iTunes). << Duncan says – shame it stopped.
- Boosted Damage – Privateer Press‘ Hordes & Warmachine, and general gaming news.
- Goblin – Gaming Broadcast Network
- Meeples & Miniatures – a new find.
- Military Gamer Radio – samples by Mark in Wisconsin.
- Military History Podcast – anecdotes and event from military history – sponsored by Armchair General Magazine.
- Point2Point – Two mates discuss boardgames, focussing in on wargames.
- Tales of the Old West – with “Doc” Hal Hickman.
- Counters for Wargames – a brilliant idea from Derek Hodge.
- Wargames Map Sketcher – online java mapping tool.
- Battlefield Anomalies
- Colonel Marbles Miniatures Masterworks – part of the ‘Frothers Unite’ site.
- Das Bundesarchiv – photo database.
- Doctor Faust’s painting clinic.
- Mike Siggins‘ web-pages at Czapska.com [including his work for Wargames Illustrated].
- MiniatureReview.com – Tom’s reviews and photographs.
- Newsgroup: rec.games.miniatures.historical
- Gamer’s Haven – news and reviews.
- Imagine Image Multimedia – retail wargames media and free printouts (including the Stupid General table).
- Junior General – using wargames in history lessons.
- Nafziger Collection – Captain George has kindly donated his OOB research to the US Army. new
- Orbats – orders of battles for a variety of historical battles and campaigns.
- Plastic Soldier Review – they review 1:72 [20mm] figures. Simple but effective.
- Craig’s Slapping Paint hints and tips site.
- TerraGenesis – terrain-building advice.
- Total Model – showcase for various manufacturers.
- United States Military Academy Library’s Digital Collections – West Point’s map collection! (Plug-in required)
- Wargamers Tavern – collection of articles.
- Warfare section: Probert Encyclopedia – alphabetical listing of military terms and equipment.
- 1/76 and 1/72 scale AFV museum – Patrick Storto’s online model armour museum.
- Armor Foto – photographs of AFVs.
- Foreign Military Studies Office – including bulletins of the Special Warfare Center and Opposing Force (OPFOR). Also, the 1998 edition of the OPFOR battlebook. “Red Star Thrust” – bulletin of the US Opposing Force (OPFOR) Training Program.
- JED – military equipment directory.
- Model Makers Resource.
- ModelWarships.com – nautical modelling tips and galleries.
- Sir Garnet’s colonial wargames page – maps, articles etc.
- Steve Winter’s “The Colonial Angle” includes the “Fire & Sword in the Sudan” campaign pages. Also photos from Red Cloud’s War.
- Strategy Page – modern news and articles. Includes “The complete wargames handbook“.
- Track-Link – AFV modelling tips and galleries.
- Urban Fredriksson’s Color Reference Charts – a good painting guide for aircraft.
- Lovett Artillery Collection – private collection of Artillery, Anti-Tank Guns, Naval Guns, and Mortars.
- Medieval maps from About.com
- National Library of Scotland – includes Pont’s maps.
- Roy’s military survey of the highlands of Scotland 1747-55
Figure Painters used by club members
Other fun stuff
- Larry Leadhead – wargaming cartoon.
- Vintage 20mil – dedicated to metal 20mm figures from the early years of British table-top wargaming.
- “You are a Leadite if…..” by Donald Effinger and Jeff Jonas.
- A-10 “Warthog” collection.
- Swiss Air Force – fast movers, mountains and music.
- Warhammer to Rammstein
- a. Ancient
- b. Dark Ages
- c. Medieval
- d. Renaissance
- e. Pike & Shot
- f. 1700s
- g. 1800s
- h. 1900s
- i. Modern
- j. Naval
- k. Aviation
- l. Sci-Fi
- m. Fantasy
- x. The Armoury
- z. Wargaming