Harlaw 1411/2011 anniversary
Project officer/researcher/LA co-ordinator/terrain-maker: Andy Douglas
Figures by Scheltrum Miniatures
Stuart writes (2/4/11):
Unless stated otherwise all colours are GW.
- Aketon – Bestial Brown, Snakebite Leather
- Mail/Armour – Boltgun Metal, Mithril Silver
- Tunics- Bleached bone, Iyanden Darksun, Codex Grey, Dark Angels Green
- Wood- Bestial Brown, Vomit Brown
- Wash – Devlan Mud
I’ve stuck with GW paint as they are readily available, although Vallejo are also available in Aberdeen now. Whilst exotically named, the colours are fairly natural and consist of earthy colours and off whites, dull and pretty plain. Substitute other brighter shades for characters. Feel free to mix as well. Aketons for instance would have gotten darker as they aged and would also have been different colours depending on the material it was made from. The yellow colour Iyanden Darksun is also pretty dull, so could be dry brushed up with a lighter yellow as long as it doesn’t turn out too day glow.
The wash is there to in part to act as a shade, but also will help to blend different painting styles so they look fairly similar, important when we’re all working together on this.
This is just a guide chaps, hope it helps.
Fresh photos from Andy:
Harlaw Muster 1 (Tuesday 5th July)
Harlaw Muster 2 (Tuesday 12th July)
Tuesday 19 July 2011
Harlaw Muster 3 (Tuesday 19th July)
Harlaw display is set up at Aberdeen Art Gallery (Thursday 21st July)
Aberdeen Art Gallery: Wargaming the Harlaw battle (Saturday 23rd July)
- Duncan’s illustrated painting guide (PDF file)
- Handout for the Art Gallery display (PDF file; summarised by J. Allen and rules by H. Coleman)